To order Floor Plans, simply upload a blueprint or sketch, and RoomSketcher illustrators will draw the floor plan for you, in 24 hours or less (for orders placed during weekdays)! Ordered Floor Plans are a great way to kick-start your interior design and home improvement project, or to deliver a professional finished floor plan.
Who Can Order Floor Plans?
Anyone can order a Floor Plan from RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services. How you purchase them depends on your subscription:
- RoomSketcher Pro subscribers can order Floor Plans using their account Credits.
- RoomSketcher VIP and Free subscribers order Floor Plans using a credit card.
This article covers the following topics:
- Start an Order
- Review Blueprint Tips
- Upload Blueprints
- Choose Order Options
- Place Order
- Check Order Status
- Review Your Floor Plans
You can also watch this short video:
Try it Yourself
Follow these steps to order a Floor Plan from RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services.
Start an Order
- Sign In to your RoomSketcher account on account.roomsketcher.com. On the RoomSketcher Account page, click New Project, then click Ready-Made.
- The Order Details tab appears. Use the Project Name field to identify your order - type the project name or address.
- Choose the number of Levels (floors) for the project.
- For Furnishing, you can choose:
- Fully Furnished – the floor plan is furnished based on room names provided, eg beds in bedrooms, sofa in living room, bathroom fixtures in bathroom, etc.
- Furnished As Indicated – the floor plan includes furniture and fixed installations drawn on the blueprint. Kitchen and bathroom items are only included if these are indicated on the blueprint.
- Unfurnished – Includes doors, windows, and stairs, as well as kitchen and bathroom items when these are indicated on the blueprint. No other furniture is included
- Check Outside Measurements if you would like outside wall measurements printed on your 2D Floor Plans.
- Click Next.
Review Blueprint Tips
Before you upload one or more blueprints, you should review our tips.
Once you have the blueprint on your computer, you are ready to upload it.
- On the Blueprints tab, type a Level Name (for example, Floor 1), or use the default.
- If you are uploading a multi-page PDF, type the page number for this level’s blueprint.
- Click Upload Blueprint.
- Navigate to and select the blueprint and click Open.
- When you see your blueprint has uploaded, click Next. The Order Summary tab appears.
Choose Order Options
On the Order Summary tab, review order options and the cost of each.
- Share Live 3D Floor Plans - allows you to share Live 3D and Home Designer links with your clients, friends or family.
- 3D Floor Plans – check this option to include generated 3D Floor Plans with the project.
- RoomSketcher Pro subscribers receive volume discounts and their cost appears in Credits. For other users, the cost appears in currency and can be ordered using a credit card.
- RoomSketcher Pro subscribers have greater flexibility to customize their orders, and can select or remove certain options that are included for Free and VIP subscriptions.
- Once you have reviewed the order, click Place Order.
- The order confirmation appears. Your order has been placed and you will receive an email when the order is complete.
- Click Go to My Account.
Check Order Status
You can see your open orders on your RoomSketcher Account page.
- The exclamation symbol means that there is something wrong your blueprint. Click the project name to see comments.
- The cog-wheel symbol means that the illustrator is drawing your project.
- You can see completed orders by clicking the Projects button on the left.
Review Your Floor Plans
You will receive an email when your order is complete.
- Click the Download Floor Plans link in the email. The Download Floor Plans screen appears.
- From here you can:
- Download and View Floor Plans. Click the Download button for a floor plan.
- Use Instant Correction. As you review your floor plans, if you see a small change or amendment that you’d like made, you can make it yourself. Just use Instant Correction.
- Order a Correction. Did we make a mistake? Learn how to Order a Correction.
- Customize your Floor Plans. Click the Project Dashboard link (at the top of the screen under Pricing) and then click the yellow Edit button to open and edit your project in RoomSketcher.