This article describes occasional issues users have encountered with Live 3D. This article describes the steps on a PC or Mac.
- Install latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Enable Flash for RoomSketcher website
- Loading stops - error message on resource issues
- Live 3D Asks Me to Sign In (but I am Signed In)
Problem 1 - Install latest version of Adobe Flash Player
You need to make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. To download and install the latest version, visit: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Problem 2 - Enable Flash for RoomSketcher website
You need to make sure that you have enabled Flash for the RoomSketcher websites. For instructions on how to do this, check the "Enable Flash Player in your browser"-section of the article https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Problem 3 - Loading stops - error message on resource issues
If you click the 3D button to launch Live 3D, and it does not start, or you see an error message like the one below (that Adobe Flash Player doesn’t have enough system resources), it could be due to your project being very large or detailed.
1. The first thing you should try is to turn off the ceiling strips and floor strips on your project. This could make a big difference.
You can do this by clicking Properties and choose the Level tab. Then click Advanced and uncheck the options that say Ceiling Strips and Floor Strips.
Once you have turned off ceiling strips and floor strips, restart Home Designer before you try to load Live 3D again.
2. If Step 1 did not solve the problem, try to close other programs that are running on your computer or tablet.
As the error message suggests, the problem is that you don’t have enough system resources to view the project. As a result, it could help if you close other programs that are open. When you have closed other programs, try to start RoomSketcher one more time and see if Live 3D is able to start.
3. Remove anything unnecessary from your project.
The error usually happens only on very large or detailed projects - thus, it could help if you remove a few elements. Plants and carpets/rugs are the best items to remove as they take more resources to load in Live 3D. For example, if you see this error message on a project where you have placed a lot of plants, try removing some of the plants, and try again.
Problem 4 - Live 3D Asks Me to Sign In (But I am Signed In)
If you are in Home Designer and try to start Live 3D, but find that you are asked to sign in (even though you are signed in), here are the steps to try:
- Open a new tab in the same web browser and go to www.roomsketcher.com.
Note: You will now have two open tabs - one for planner.roomsketcher.com, and one for www.roomsketcher.com as well as Home Designer open.
- From www.roomsketcher.com, click Sign Out.
- Go back to Home Designer, click Sign In. Then enter your username and password again.
- Save your project and open Live 3D.