You can place two or more room names in a single room - for example, for a connected dining and living room. There are two ways to do this:
- Use the Divider tool (preferred method)
- Use a Text label
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Display Two or More Room Names in One Room (App).
Watch this short video, or follow the steps below.
Use the Divider Tool
You can use the Divider tool to create a dividing line across a room. The dividing line will not display in the final floor plans, but will allow you to create two virtual rooms in which to add room names.
- Click Walls in the lower left, to go to Walls mode.
- Click the Divider tool.
- Draw a line across the room, to divide it into two virtual rooms.
- Click the Select tool, click inside one of the virtual rooms, and click Properties.
- In Zone Name, type the name of the room.
- Click on the other virtual room and type its name.
- Close the Properties box.
- If desired, drag the room names to move them.
Use a Text Label
- Click Windows to switch to Windows mode.
- In the Search box, type "Text".
- Drag one or more Text Labels onto your floor plan.
- Select a Text Label and click Properties.
- In Label, type a room name.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any other room names.