Do you want to add a see-through wall to a design? There are two ways to do this, depending on what you want to achieve.
Method 1: Use a Room Divider
A Room Divider is an easy way to add a glass wall. This option creates a single panel, which you can size to your needs. Note that you cannot add a door into a room divider, so if you need a complete glass wall with a door, check out the second method below.
To add a glass wall using a room divider
- Open Furniture mode.
- Search for Room Divider.
- Locate the glass divider and drag it onto your floor plan.
- Click to select it and then click Properties to change its size.
Method 2: Place Glass Material on Walls
Another way to create glass walls is to add Glass material on both sides of a wall, which will make it see-through. Tip: If you need to add a door to the wall, then this is the method to choose.
To place glass material on walls
- Click Walls mode.
- Click the wall you wish to add glass to.
- Click Properties. The Properties page appears. Add glass to both side A and B.
- Click the arrow next to Material Side A and search for Glass. Find the solid glass piece, which has a light green color.
- Click the glass and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4-5 to place material on Side B.
- To add a glass door, switch to Windows etc mode and search for Glass Door. Drag your favorite onto the floor plan.
Tip: To view your glass wall, use the camera to take a snapshot.