End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Create a Glass Wall (App).
Do you want to add a see-through wall to a design? There are two ways to do this, depending on what you want to achieve.
Method 1: Use a Room Divider
A Room Divider is an easy way to add a glass wall. This option creates a single panel, which you can size to your needs. Note that you cannot add a door into a room divider, so if you need a complete glass wall with a door, check out the second method below.
To add a glass wall using a room divider
- Open Furniture mode.
- Search for Room Divider.
- Locate the glass divider and drag it onto your floor plan.
- Click to select it and then click Properties to change its size.
Method 2: Place Glass Material on Walls
Another way to create glass walls is to add Glass material on both sides of a wall, which will make it see-through. Tip: If you need to add a door to the wall, then this is the method to choose.
To place glass material on walls
- Click Walls mode.
- Click the wall you wish to add glass to.
- Click Properties. The Properties page appears. Add glass to both side A and B.
- Click the arrow next to Material Side A and search for Glass. Find the solid glass piece, which has a light green color.
- Click the glass and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4-5 to place material on Side B.
- To add a glass door, switch to Windows etc mode and search for Glass Door. Drag your favorite onto the floor plan.
Tip: To view your glass wall, use the camera to take a snapshot.