End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Add a Garden Gate (App).
RoomSketcher includes a selection of beautiful garden gates that you can add to a fence in your garden or Site Plan.
To add a garden gate, first, draw the perimeter area for the railing/fence, leaving a space for the gate. Next, add the railing/fence, and finally, add the gate. Here are the detailed steps.
Steps to add a Perimeter Gate
- Open Walls mode.
- Use the Divider line to draw the location for the garden fence. If you need more detailed instructions, see Create a 3D Site Plan.
- Draw a short divider line to mark either end of where the gate will be located. Most of the gates have a default width of about 33in (85 cm), so place your divider lines at least that far apart. Or, if you plan to change the gate width to a custom size, place the marks that distance apart. Remember, divider lines are invisible, so they will not be seen in images or Floor Plans.
- Add a railing on all the Divider lines except where your gate will be. If you need more detailed steps on how to add a railing, see Add a Deck with Railing.
- Open Furniture mode and search for Garden Gate.
- Drag-and-drop the gate onto the plan.
Tip: Remember, as a Pro Subscriber, you can Replace Materials on the gates for a more custom look.