RoomSketcher includes a selection of beautiful garden gates that you can add to a fence in your garden or Site Plan.
To add a garden gate, first, draw the perimeter area for the railing/fence, leaving a space for the gate. Next, add the railing/fence, and finally, add the gate. Here are the detailed steps.
Steps to add a Perimeter Gate
- Open Walls mode.
- Use the Divider line to draw the location for the garden fence. If you need more detailed instructions, see Create a 3D Site Plan.
- Draw a short divider line to mark either end of where the gate will be located. Most of the gates have a default width of about 33in (85 cm), so place your divider lines at least that far apart. Or, if you plan to change the gate width to a custom size, place the marks that distance apart. Remember, divider lines are invisible, so they will not be seen in images or Floor Plans.
- Add a railing on all the Divider lines except where your gate will be. If you need more detailed steps on how to add a railing, see Add a Deck with Railing.
- Open Furniture mode and search for Garden Gate.
- Drag-and-drop the gate onto the plan.
Tip: Remember, as a Pro Subscriber, you can Replace Materials on the gates for a more custom look.