You can make your 2D Floor Plans stand out with a variety of “helper” symbols.
Here are some of your options (all of them were used in the example above):
- Text Labels to add custom text
- Tape Measures and arrows to indicate distances
- Compasses to indicate North, South, East, and West
- Lines to show ceiling detail
- Entrance Arrows to highlight a building entrance
To add Helper symbols to a Floor Plan
- Once you have drawn your floor plan, switch to Windows etc mode.
- Type Helper in the Search box.
- Choose a Helper and drag it onto the Floor Plan.
- Click the Helper and click Properties to access customization options (if the Helper has them)
Tip: RoomSketcher Pro Subscribers have additional customization options in Profile Settings. See below.
- Save your project.
- In the bottom toolbar, click Tools > Preview 2D Floor Plan to see a preview.
- When you are ready, generate your Floor Plans. If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, see: Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans
RoomSketcher Pro Subscriptions - Change Text Label Font/Color, Arrow Color, and More
- From RoomSketcher Home Designer, click the small green down arrow in the top right of the drawing pane (next to Signed In As) and click My Account.
- Click Account on the left, and then click More > Account Settings on the right.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings.
- On the Render tab, use the pencil to change Text Color, Block Arrow Color, etc and then click OK.
- Click Apply. The changes will appear when you Preview or Generate a Floor Plan.
- Add a Text Label
- Add an Entrance Arrow
- Add Inside Measurements to 2D Floor Plans
- Add Outside Measurements to Floor Plans
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans