You can make your 2D Floor Plans stand out with a variety of “helper” symbols.
Here are some of your options (all of them were used in the example above):
- Text Labels to add custom text
- Tape Measures and arrows to indicate distances
- Compasses to indicate North, South, East, and West
- Lines to show ceiling detail
- Entrance Arrows to highlight a building entrance
To add Helper symbols to a Floor Plan
- Once you have drawn your floor plan, switch to Windows etc mode.
- Type Helpers in the Search box.
- Choose a Helper and drag it onto the Floor Plan.
- Click the Helper and click Properties to access customization options.
Tip: RoomSketcher Pro Subscribers have additional customization options in Profile Settings. See below.
- Save your project.
- In the bottom toolbar, click Tools > Preview 2D Floor Plan to see a preview.
- When you are ready, generate your Floor Plans. If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, see: Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans
RoomSketcher Pro Subscriptions - Change Text Label Font/Color, Arrow Color, and More
- From RoomSketcher Home Designer, click the small green down arrow in the top right of the drawing pane (next to Signed In As) and click My Account.
- Click Account on the left, and then click More > Account Settings on the right.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings.
- On the Render tab, use the pencil to change Text Color, Block Arrow Color, Ink Color etc and then click OK.
Tip: Ink Color is the setting that changes the color of the black lines that define Helpers. For example, if you change the ink color to red, the block arrow will be drawn with a red line.
- Click Apply. The changes will appear when you Preview or Generate a Floor Plan.
- Add a Text Label
- Add an Entrance Arrow
- Add Inside Measurements to 2D Floor Plans
- Add Outside Measurements to Floor Plans
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans