This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Add a Wheelchair Ramp (App).
To find the wheelchair ramp, search for "ramp" when you are in Furniture mode, or follow the instructions below. As with all items in RoomSketcher, you will be able to resize the ramp by clicking on Properties. The ramp also has the Replace Materials feature that will allow you to edit the color and texture of the ramp.
To add a wheelchair ramp
- The first step is to set floor heights. The indoor and outdoor spaces need to be at different heights so that a ramp is useful.
- A quick tip is that it is often easier to edit the floor height of the outdoor space to a negative height (- 178 mm), rather than change the indoor space’s floor height to a positive number. This is because there are usually more items in the indoor space that might need to be placed at a specific height and 0 is an easy number to work with.
- To edit the Floor Height, click on Walls mode, and then on the area whose height you want to adjust (it will turn green). In our example below, we clicked the Outdoor space. Then click Properties and Advanced.
- Edit the Floor Height here:
- Now open Furniture mode and search for ramp.
- Drag the ramp onto the floor plan and into position.
- The ramp height needs to match the difference in height between the indoor space and the outdoor space (this would be the same as the Floor Height in this case). To change the height of the ramp, click on it to select it. Click Properties, and change the height here:
You can also change the other dimensions of the ramp, for example, its width or length.
Here is an example of a ramp: