If you are starting a project that is similar to an existing one, you can copy the existing project and then start working on the copy as a new project. This article describes the steps for the web version. To learn how for the app, see Copy a RoomSketcher Project (App).
This article contains the following topics:
Tips About Copying Projects
These are top tips that are useful to read prior to copying a project.
- If you have ordered a Floor Plan from RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services, note that the original project has a feature that allows you to create as many new 2D and 3D Floor plans as you like for the first 30 days. This feature is not copied over to any new project.
- If you want to create several different design options of the same project (for example, to show the same floor plan with different flooring), it is recommended that you simply create a copy of a level within the project – that way, you have one project with several levels that it is easy to navigate between. For detailed instructions, see Work With Floors or Levels (Web).
How to Copy a Project
- Login to RoomSketcher.com and open the project you want to copy in the RoomSketcher Home Designer workspace.
- Click Save As at the top of the screen. This will create a copy of the project you are currently working on.
- The Save As box appears. Give the copy an illustrative name and click Save.
What do Do With an Accidentally Copied Project
If you have made a copy of the project by accident you can change its name, clear the workspace, and create a new design.
To change a project name
- Click Properties in the top toolbar. The Properties box appears.
- On the Project tab, type a new name.
- Use the X to close the box.
- Click Save in the top toolbar to save the project name (do not click Save As).
To clear the workspace to edit the project
One way to clear the workspace is to create a new blank level, and then delete the level that had the copied project.
- Click the name of the level at the top of the screen (it will be just to the right of the Properties button) and then click New Level.
- The New page appears. Click Start from Scratch.
- A new blank level appears in the Home Designer workspace.
- To delete the level containing the copied project, click Tools at the bottom of the screen and click Delete Project/Level.
- The Delete - Level page appears. Click Delete Level below the level with the floor plan drawn in it.
- To learn how to rename a level, see Work With Floors and Levels.