End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
You can display measurements in meters/centimeters or in feet/inches. For example, when you use Properties to display room sizes, they will display in square meters, or square feet, depending on your selection. This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Change Between Metric and Imperial (US) Measurements (App).
Units in RoomSketcher
- Units are used in the Web Editor UI and on generated floor plans
- The UI will always use the user settings
- Free, VIP and Pro Small users - floor plans will generate according to your user settings
- Pro Medium and Large customers - floor plans will generate using the profile setting. This allows you to draw in one type of unit, and render floor plans with a different type of units
Change the user setting
- Setting for when you draw in Web Editor
- Free and VIP users get these units on their floor plans
- Open Web Editor
- Open the Tools menu (at the bottom of the screen)
- Choose Meter or Feet. Meter will display your measurements using the Metric system. Feet will display measurements using the Imperial (or US Measurements) system.
Tip: You can switch between the two settings and any displayed sizes will convert from mm to ft, and vice versa.
Pro subscribers: Change Units on Your Profile
Note: This setting determines the units you get on your generated floor plans.
- Sign in to account.roomsketcher.com.
- Go to Account.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings on the right hand side. A pop-up window opens.
- On the Render tab, check "Use Metric System" if you want to use the metric system. Uncheck if you want units to be in feet/inches.