You can display measurements in RoomSketcher Home Designer in meters/centimeters or in feet/inches. For example, when you use Properties to display room sizes, they will display in square meters, or square feet, depending on your selection. This article describes the steps if you are working on the web version. If you are using the app, go to Change Between Metric and Imperial (US) Measurements (App).
Units in RoomSketcher
- Units are used in the Home Designer UI and on generated floor plans
- The UI will always use the user settings
- Free and VIP users - floor plans will generate according to your user settings
- Pro users - floor plans will generate using the profile setting
Change the user setting
- Setting for when you draw in Home Designer
- Free and VIP users get these units on their floor plans
- Open RoomSketcher Home Designer
- Open the Tools menu (at the bottom of the screen)
- Choose Meter or Feet. Meter will display your measurements using the Metric system. Feet will display measurements using the Imperial (or US Measurements) system.
Tip: You can switch between the two settings and any displayed sizes will convert from mm to ft, and vice versa.
Pro users: Change units on your profile
- This setting determines the units you get on your generated floor plans
- From My Account, click More, and Account Settings
- Click Account Settings
- Click Advanced Profile Settings
- Check "Use Metric System" if you want to use the metric system. Uncheck if you want units to be in feet/inches