If you are using the web version, read this article to learn how to work with balconies, porches, and decks.
If you are using the app that you can download to your computer or tablet, see .Draw a Balcony or Deck (App).
This article covers the following topics:
You can also watch this short video:
Draw a Balcony or Deck
- In RoomSketcher Home Designer, click Walls in the lower left.
- Click Divider and draw the outline for the railings of the balcony.
- In Walls mode, click Select, click one of the divider lines that will be a railing to select it, and click Properties.
- In the Divider tab, click the Railing arrow and choose which style railing you want on your balcony.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each railing.
Remove the Ceiling
- Click on the balcony to select it and click Properties.
- On the Zone tab, click Advanced.
- Check or clear Show Ceiling.
- Close the Properties box.
- Click Materials mode in the lower left.
- Choose a floor material and drag it on to the balcony.