This article describes the steps for the web version. To learn how for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet), see Add and Move Room Names (App).
You can add names to rooms, and adjust where names are located within rooms.
Add Room Names
- Open RoomSketcher Home Designer.
- Click Walls mode in the lower left.
- Click a room to select it and then click Properties. Note: If you want to place multiple room names in one room, see Display Two or More Room Names in One Room.
- In Zone Name, type the name of the room. Click outside the Properties box and the room name will display on your project.
Note: If you want to also show the size of the room, check Show Zone Size.
- Click another room, and repeat step 4.
Move Room Names
- Once you have added room names, simply click and drag each room name to move it to a new location.
Tip: If you can not move the room name, make sure you are in Walls mode.
To learn how, watch this short video:
- Display Room Names in Different Locations for 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Preview a 3D Floor Plan
- Add a Text Label