You can create a raised or lowered area within a room, or change the floor height of an entire room.
Watch this short video or follow the steps below.
Try it Yourself
- Open a Project in RoomSketcher Home Designer.
- Click Walls in the lower left to switch to Walls mode.
Tip: If you want to create a room that will have a raised or lowered area or section (rather than the entire room) first use the Divider tool to place a divider line across the room in the location where the floor height will change - the divider line is visible in Home Designer, but will not show on rendered 2D and 3D Floor Plans.
- Click inside the room or area that will have a higher or lower floor height.
- Click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click Advanced.
- Type the Floor Height.
- Close the Properties box.
Tip: Use the camera to take a snapshot to see your new floor height.