You can create a raised or lowered area within a room, or change the floor height of an entire room. This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Change the Floor Height (App).
Watch this short video or follow the steps below.
Try it Yourself
- Open a Project in Web Editor.
- Click Walls in the lower left to switch to Walls mode.
Tip: If you want to create a room that will have a raised or lowered area or section (rather than the entire room) first use the Divider tool to place a divider line across the room in the location where the floor height will change - the divider line is visible in Web Editor, but will not show on generated 2D and 3D Floor Plans.
- Click inside the room or area that will have a higher or lower floor height.
- Click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click Advanced.
- Type the Floor Height.
- Close the Properties box.
Tip: Use the camera to take a snapshot to see your new floor height.