With RoomSketcher, it’s easy to take snapshots to view your project in 3D while you work. Save key snapshots to create different options for review. Then, upgrade your favorite snapshots to stunning 3D Photos. This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Take Snapshots and Create 3D Photos (App).
Who Can Order Snapshots and 3D Photos?
All RoomSketcher subscribers can create and save snapshots (free) and VIP and Pro subscribers can upgrade snapshots to stunning 3D Photos (costs 1 Credit per upgrade). VIP subscribers get 3D Photos that are 800 x 600 pixels; Pro subscribers get 3D Photos that are 2000 x 1500 pixels.
This article covers the following topics:
- Take a Snapshot
- Set Camera Properties
- Save a Snapshot
- Upgrade a Snapshot to a 3D Photo
- View and Download a 3D Photo
You can also watch this short video:
Take a Snapshot
- Start with a project open in Web Editor.
- Drag the camera and point it to an area of the room that you wish to photograph.
- There are two ways to take a snapshot. Either double-click the camera, or click the Camera button in the top-right.
- You’ll see a preview of the image in the Preview pane in the top-right. Click on the snapshot to view it larger.
- If the image is not quite right, simply move the camera and take another snapshot.
(Optional) Set Camera Properties
- Click the camera to select it and then click Properties.
- You can adjust the height of the camera – up or down, and adjust the camera viewing angle from Wide to Narrow.
Save a Snapshot
Click the View Media Gallery button in the upper-right, and then click Gallery Image to save the snapshot to your Image Gallery.
Upgrade a Snapshot to a 3D Photo
- Click the Image Gallery tab, find your snapshot, and click More > Generate Premium. Depending on the complexity of the snapshot, it may take from 5 - 15 minutes to generate a stunning 3D Photo.
- Click the Media Order in Progress link periodically to see if your order is complete.
Tip: While your 3D Photo is generating, you can close the Media Gallery and return to working on your design - the 3D Photo continues to generate in the background. Simply return to the Media Gallery when you are ready to check to see if your order is complete. Once a 3D Photo is generated, the thumbnail will change to a high-quality image.
View and Download a 3D Photo
- Once your 3D Photo is complete, you’ll see the HQ symbol, for High Quality in the corner of the thumbnail. To view a larger version of the 3D Photo, click More > View 100%.
- To save the image to your computer, click More > Save to Disk. Type a name for the photo or use the default, and then click Save.
Learn how to: