This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans (App).
With RoomSketcher, you can generate beautiful, High-Quality 2D and 3D Floor Plans for print and web.
This article covers the following topics:
You can also watch this short video:
Try It Yourself
Once you have created a project in Web Editor or the RoomSketcher App, you are ready to generate High-Quality Floor Plans.
Generate 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Sign in to your RoomSketcher account from www.roomsketcher.com.
- From the RoomSketcher Account pane, click the Projects tab to see a list of your projects.
- Click a project name. The Project Dashboard opens.
- In the center of the Project Dashboard, find the 2D and 3D Floor Plans boxes. To generate a floor plan, click Generate.
Note: If you have a VIP or Pro subscription, you can order High-Quality Floor Plans using the Credits in your account. If you have a Free subscription, you can purchase High-Quality Floor Plans using a credit card. In that case, click Upgrade and follow the instructions on the page.
- An order confirmation appears. Click your browser refresh button to check the status of the order. When complete, you will see a thumbnail of the floor plan.
Note: A High-Quality 3D Floor Plan may take approx. 15 minutes to generate, depending on the complexity of the floor plan.
Tip: The floor plan generates in the background, so you can go on with other design work while your floor plan is created.
Download Floor Plans
- Under 2D Floor Plans or 3D Floor Plans, click the down-arrow to open a menu where you can View, Download, or Print Floor Plans.
- To download a plan, click Download. The Download Floor Plans screen appears.
Note: If your project has several levels, you can choose the Download option from any level - they will all take you to the same Download Floor Plans screen.
- In the upper-right, choose your Download Format.
- Choose a Web Image format if you want to export just the Floor Plan image, with no logo or surrounding text. Then, under Image Settings choose the Format: JPG or PNG.
- Choose a Letterhead format if you want to export a printable floor plan with optional logo, disclaimer text etc. If you want to print your floor plans to a certain scale, use one of the Scale options. For example, choose Scale (1:100) if you want each meter in the project to be represented as a centimeter on the page.
- Tip: If you have a RoomSketcher Pro subscription, you can edit items on the letterhead such as your logo, disclaimer text, and more. From your Account page, click More > Account Settings > Advanced Account Settings. Then explore the Logos and Letterhead tabs.
- If you chose the Letterhead format, then review the Letterhead Settings.
- Keep Relative Size - this option applies to multi-level projects. When Keep Relative Size is checked, the relative size between the floor plans for each level is maintained. Thus, the level with the smallest footprint in the project will also have the smallest footprint when printed.
- When you finished selecting options, click the blue Download button in the center of the screen.
Note: If your project has multiple levels, you will also see a Combined Letterhead option that allows you to download and print all levels.
Print Floor Plans
To print a floor plan, follow the instructions above to download the Floor Plan as a PDF and then print the downloaded PDF. Having trouble with the scale? Check out Print Floor Plans to Scale (Web).