End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Hotkeys and Keyboard Shortcuts (App).
There are lots of ways to speed up your work in Web Editor using our keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
This article covers the following topics:
- Move items using arrow keys
- Turn snapping on/off
- Rotate items
- Copy and paste items
- Move a floor plan in the drawing pane
- Shift between modes using the keyboard
- Shift between wall tools using the keyboard
- Delete items
- Undo and Redo actions
You can also watch this short video:
Try It Yourself
- In the Web Editor drawing pane, use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out of your design. This will shrink or enlarge the view of your project
- Alternatively, you can use the Zoom button in Web Editor
Move items using the arrow keys
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move items a small distance
- Shift + arrow keys moves the items a larger distance
Turn snapping on/off
- The default is that snapping is on - so that furniture items snap to a wall or to each other for accurate placement
- To turn snapping off, hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard whilst moving the item with your mouse (Mac users: hold down the Command button)
- Click to select an item
- Hold down Ctrl + arrow keys on keyboard to give precise rotation
- Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys gives a larger rotation
- Alternatively, when they appear, use the little green rotation arrows in Web Editor to rotate the item
Copy and paste items
Copying and pasting is very useful for copying flooring, doors, windows, furniture and more.
- To copy windows, doors or stairs go to Windows etc mode, right-click with your mouse on the item you want to copy, choose Copy Item and then right click where you want to paste the item and choose Paste Item
- To copy flooring material: Go to Materials mode, right-click with your mouse on the flooring and choose Copy Material. Then right-click with your mouse in the area you would like to apply the material and choose Paste Material
- To copy or duplicate items: Go to Furniture mode, right-click with your mouse on the item you want to copy and choose Copy Item, and then right-click where you would like to paste the item and choose Paste item
(Tip: Mac users - hold down the Ctrl-button on your keyboard while you click with your mouse)
Move a floor plan in the drawing pane
- Click with the mouse outside of the floor plan to select the drawing pane
- Ctrl + arrow keys on keyboard gives small movements
- Arrow keys on keyboard gives medium movements
- Shift + arrow keys on keyboard gives larger movements
- You can also use the mouse to move the floor plan around
Shift between modes using the keyboard
- Press 1 to choose Walls mode
- Press 2 to choose Windows etc mode
- Press 3 to choose Materials mode
- Press 4 to choose Furniture mode
Shift between wall tools using the keyboard
When you are in Walls mode:
- Ctrl + Shift + D chooses the Divider tool
- Ctrl + Shift + S chooses the Select tool
- If you are not working in Google Chrome, choose Thin wall by pressing Ctrl + Shift + W and choose Thick wall by pressing Ctrl + Shift T
- Delete windows and doors by simply dragging them out of the wall. Or select them and click the red x.
- Delete other items - click to select them and then press Delete on your keyboard.
Undo and Redo
- To undo an action, click the Undo tool in the bottom toolbar.
- To redo an action that was undone, click the Redo tool in the bottom toolbar.