You can add outside wall measurements to 2D Floor Plans. This is one way to show the exterior dimensions for a project. You can also watch this short video:
Add Outside Wall Measurements
- Open a project in Web Editor.
- In the lower left, click Walls mode.
- Click the Select button.
- Click on a wall where you want outside measurements, and then click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click the Wall tab and click Advanced.
- For Show Measurement, choose top, bottom, left or right, depending on where you want the measurement to be displayed for the selected wall.
- RoomSketcher will calculate the wall measurement. However, if you want to display a specific measurement, type it in the Measurement text box.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for any other walls that should display outside measurements.
- Close the Properties box.
- Click Save to save your project.
Note: The measurement will not be visible in Web Editor. To see the outside measurements, you can either:
- Preview Floor Plans. Available to RoomSketcher VIP and Pro subscribers. From the Tools menu at the bottom of Web Editor, click Preview 2D Floor Plans.
- Generate Floor Plans. To see the outside measurement on the final 2D Floor Plans, you need to generate them. For more information, see the article Generate Floor Plans.
- Add Inside Measurements to 2D Floor Plans
- Generate 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Preview a Floor Plan
- Rotate a 3D Floor Plan
- Add a Text Label