End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
You can add outside wall measurements to 2D Floor Plans. This is one way to show the exterior dimensions for a project.
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Display Outside Wall Measurements on 2D Floor Plans (App)
You can also watch this short video:
Add Outside Wall Measurements
- Open a project in Web Editor.
- In the lower left, click Walls mode.
- Click the Select button.
- Click on a wall where you want outside measurements, and then click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click the Wall tab and click Advanced.
- For Show Measurement, choose top, bottom, left or right, depending on where you want the measurement to be displayed for the selected wall.
- RoomSketcher will calculate the wall measurement. However, if you want to display a specific measurement, type it in the Measurement text box.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for any other walls that should display outside measurements.
- Close the Properties box.
- Click Save to save your project.
Note: The measurement will not be visible in Web Editor. To see the outside measurements, you can either:
- Preview Floor Plans. Available to RoomSketcher VIP and Pro subscribers. From the Tools menu at the bottom of Web Editor, click Preview 2D Floor Plans.
- Generate Floor Plans. To see the outside measurement on the final 2D Floor Plans, you need to generate them. For more information, see the article Generate Floor Plans.
- Add Inside Measurements to 2D Floor Plans
- Generate 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Preview a Floor Plan
- Rotate a 3D Floor Plan
- Add a Text Label