You can add inside wall measurements to 2D and 3D Floor Plans using the Measuring Line. This is a great way to show the dimensions of a room.
This article covers the following topics:
- Find and Place the Measuring Line
- Preview Floor Plans (RoomSketcher VIP and Pro)
- Generate Floor Plans
You can also watch this short video:
Try it Yourself
Find and Place the Measuring Line
- Open a Project in RoomSketcher Home Designer.
- Click Windows etc mode.
- Type Measuring in the Search box and then click Search.
- Click and drag the Measuring Tape shown above into a room. Tip: The Measuring Line option works best if your room length is 1 meter or greater. If your wall is less than 1 meter in length, see Short Wall Length? below.
- If needed, use the green arrows to rotate the measuring line so that it is parallel to the wall.
- Click to select the Measuring Line and then click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- In Length, type the wall length.
- Check or clear Render in 2D and Render in 3D, depending on which floor plans should display inside measurements.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for any other walls that should have inside measurements displayed.
- Close the Properties page.
Tip: You can copy and paste a line by right-clicking it. Once printed, the measuring line thickness adjusts to better match the wall thickness.
Short Wall Length?
If you want to display the length of a wall that is < 1 meter long, the Measuring Line above is not the best option (the space for the number text takes up the entire length of the tape, leaving no room for the arrows). Instead:
- In Windows etc mode, use the Search to find the item named Measure Line. The Measuring Line does not display a measurement, so fits well in small areas.
- Then, add the measurement by using a Text Label. For detailed instructions, see Add a Text Label (Web)
Preview Floor Plans
RoomSketcher VIP and Pro subscribers can preview to see how the inside measurement will look in their floor plans.
- From the Tools menu at the bottom of RoomSketcher Home Designer, click Preview 2D Floor Plans or Preview 3D Floor Plans.
Tip: For more information on previewing floor plans, see the article Preview a Floor Plan.
Generate and Print Floor Plans
To see the inside measurement on the final floor plans, generate a new 2D or 3D Floor Plan. For more information, see Generate and Print Floor Plans.
- Add Outside Measurements to Floor Plans
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Preview a Floor Plan
- Rotate a 3D Floor Plan
- Add a Text Label