This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Create a Half-Height Wall (App).
You can create half walls using either Building Blocks or the Divider Tool. If you use the Divider Tool, you can also add custom materials on the half wall.
This article covers the following topics:
- Create a Half Wall Using a Building Block
- Create a Half Wall Using the Divider Drawing Tool
- Customize Material on the Half Wall
Create a Half Wall Using a Building Block
- Open a project in Web Editor.
- Click Furniture mode.
- In the Search box, type Building Block and press Enter.
- Choose the Building Block with your preferred finish and drag and drop it into your floor plan
- Click on the Building Block to select it and click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Change the dimensions of the Building Block to suit the size you want your half wall to be.
Hint: The Depth setting controls the thickness of the wall.
- Optional: VIP and Pro subscribers can use Replace Materials to change the materials on the building block.
- Close Properties and drag the Building Block into place where you want your half wall to be.
Tip: Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new half-wall.
Create a Half Wall Using the Divider Drawing Tool
If you want a more customizable half wall, follow the steps below to use the Divider drawing tool.
- In Walls mode, choose the Divider drawing tool
- Use divider lines to draw the outline of your half wall.
- Click the Select tool, click inside the zone you just created and click Properties. The Properties page appears.
Tip: Zoom in using your mouse wheel.
- Click on the Advanced tab, and in Floor Height, type the height you want your half wall to have.
- Close the Properties box.
Tip: Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new customizable half-wall.
Customize Material on Your Half Wall
If you want to place custom material on this wall, follow these steps:
- In Walls mode, click inside the room which has the half wall, and click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click on the arrow next to Wall Material.
- In the Materials page, choose the material you want on your half wall (this step will also place this material across all the full height walls in the room) and click OK.
- If you want the full height room walls to have a different color or material, click on one of the room walls to select it, and click Properties, choose the wall material you want the full height wall to have. Repeat this on all of the full height walls.
- Close the Properties page.
Tip: Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new custom half-wall.