This article describes the steps for the web version. To learn how for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet), see Create a Raised Tile Area Around a Bath Tub (App).
In this article, you’ll find tips on how to create a raised tiled area around your bathtub.
Draw a Bathroom and Add Tiles to Floor and Walls
- Start in Walls mode and draw the walls of your bathroom.
- Switch to Materials mode, search for Tiles, and add your favorite to the floor and walls. In the example above, we added blue tiles. In the example below, we will add grey tiles.
Add a Bathtub and Note the Size
- In Furniture mode, search for your bathtub.
- Drag it somewhere onto the floor plan - it doesn't have to be in the final location yet.
- With the bathtub selected, click Properties and then note down the Width, Depth, and Height of the bathtub.
Use the Divider Tool to Draw Zones for the Raised Tile Area
- Switch to Walls mode.
- Zoom in on the floor plan.
- Use the Divider tool to draw up a zone where you want the outside of the raised tiled bathtub area to be (Zone 1)
- Inside this zone, draw another zone which is where you will place the bathtub. Note: This zone must have the exact same dimensions as the bathtub (let’s call this Zone 2)
- Add tiles to Zone 1 and Zone 2 by right-clicking on the tiled floor area in your floor plan, choosing Copy Material, and then right-clicking on Zone 1 and choosing Paste Material. Do the same for Zone 2.
Adjust Height of Raised Area
- Select Zone 1, click Properties, click Advanced, and set the Floor Height to the same height as the bathtub (in our example, 560 mm).
- Return to Furniture mode and place the bathtub in Zone 2. Zoom in to get an accurate result.
View the Results
- Take a snapshot to make sure it looks good.
- Then decorate your bathroom with plants and pictures for that final touch!