End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Bathroom Wall and Floor Finishes (App).
In this article, you’ll find tips on how to create wall and floor finishes like in this bathroom.
Draw a Bathroom and Add a Finish to the Wall and Floors
- Start in Walls mode and draw the walls of your bathroom.
- Switch to Materials mode, search for Wallpaper, and add your favorite to the walls. In this example, we added a gray and white striped wallpaper.
- While in Materials mode, search for Tile, and add your favorite to the floor. In this example, we added a white mosaic tile.
Add a Single Wall Finish
In this example, we added a different wall finish behind the tub. Use this method to create stone and tile surrounds at a shower or tub.
- Switch to Walls mode, click on the wall you want to change the finish on. You will see that it has a Side A and a Side B. Note which side you want to apply the new finish to.
- Open Properties and click the Select Wall Material arrow next to either Side A or Side B.
- Search for the type of wall finish you would like. In this example, we added a white marble. Click on it to select it and click OK to apply it to the wall.
Add a Tile Border on the Floor
To do this, you will create a zone within a zone using the Divider tool.
- In Walls mode, select the Divider and draw a border around the room.
- This creates a new zone. You now have a central zone and a perimeter zone.
- Switch to Materials mode and search for Tile. Drag and drop the tile you would like into each zone. For this pattern, we added the white mosaic tile to the center and a black mosaic tile to the perimeter.
Add Bathroom Fixtures
- In Furniture mode, search for your bathtub - in this example we have used Svedberg’s Oval 170 Freestanding Tub (search for Tub Oval to find the product).
- Drag it somewhere onto the floor plan.
- Add a vanity and mirror using the same method - in this example, we have used Svedberg’s Joy Vanity (still in Furniture mode, search Vanity Joy to find the product) and the Lewis Mirror from Ethan Allen (search Mirror Lewis to find the product).
- Add light fixtures in the same way - in this example, we have used Barton Ceiling Lamps from Restoration Hardware (search ceiling lamp)
- If desired, add a toilet. (in Furniture mode, search for Toilet or WC)
- Above the vanity, we used the Padova 0650 wall mounted lamp from Astro Lighting (search Bathroom Light). In this case, we customized the size of the light fixture by changing the width to 24” to in Properties. This is a great way to determine what size fixture will look best in your design.
View the Results
- Take a snapshot to make sure it looks good.
- Then decorate your bathroom with plants, pictures, and accessories for that final touch!