If you try to start Web Editor in your browser, and it either doesn’t start, or your screen appears completely blank or grey, the issue is usually related to the Adobe Flash Player.
To resolve the issue, you can:
- Download the RoomSketcher App (Computer or tablet)
- Troubleshoot Flash Player and continue to use Web Editor
The RoomSketcher App is a completely new version of what we used to call Home Designer (now: Web Editor), our popular web-based floor plan and home design tool. The new RoomSketcher App is available to download and install on your Mac or Windows computer and on your iOS or Android tablet.
It’s packed with great new features that let you draw your floor plans faster and it doesn't require Flash! You can read more and download the RoomSketcher App here.
To troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player issues, follow these steps:
1. Make sure Flash is installed
- You can download Flash here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
2. Make sure Flash is enabled
- Check out point 4 in this article
3. Other Flash Troubleshooting tips
If Web Editor loads to 100 percent, but then freezes: the issue is most likely related to the global settings for the Flash Player. To fix the problem:
- Open Web Editor and right-click anywhere in the drawing pane. A menu appears.
- Click Settings. The Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager appears.
- On the Storage tab, ensure Allow <site> to save information on this computer is set to Allow.
Try a different browser: If the problem is still not resolved, try a different browser.
Are you working in Chrome? This article might give you some tips on How to stop Flash crashing in Chrome
Still need help?
If you weren't able to resolve the issue, you can
- Download the RoomSketcher App (see info above) or
- Contact RoomSketcher support and describe the problem. It will be very useful if you let us know your operating system, browser and provide a screenshot of the page.