If you try to start Web Editor in your browser, and it either doesn’t start, or your screen appears completely blank or grey, the issue is usually related to Adobe Flash Player.
To resolve the issue, you can:
- Download the RoomSketcher App (Computer or Tablet)
- Troubleshoot Flash Player and continue to use Web Editor
The RoomSketcher App is a completely new version of Web Editor, our popular web-based floor plan and home design tool. The RoomSketcher App is available to download and install on your Mac or Windows computer and on your iOS or Android tablet.
It’s packed with great new features that let you draw your floor plans faster and it doesn't require Flash! You can read more and download the RoomSketcher App here.
To troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player issues, follow these steps:
- Make sure Flash is installed
You can download Flash here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Make sure Flash is enabled
Check out point 4 in the following article which provides step by step instructions for all browsers: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Enable Flash in Chrome
Browser Chrome disables Flash by default. Therefore follow the link above or go directly to your Chrome settings: chrome://settings/content/flash.
- Make sure you see Ask first on top of the page.
- Additionally, you can add Web Editor to your allowed pages (https://planner.roomsketcher.com) - then you won't be asked if you want to run Flash every time you start Web Editor.
Other known Flash issues:
A) Web Editor loads to 100 percent, but then freezes
This is a known issue in the most recent version of Firefox (version 65) that causes Web Editor to stop at the end of the load. It is fixed in version 66 which was released March 19. Please update your browser and the issue should be solved.
You can also use Web Editor with another browser or download the RoomSketcher App.
B) Web Editor is grey or Snapshot function is not working
The issue is most likely related to the global settings for the Flash Player. To fix the problem:
- Open Web Editor and right-click anywhere in the drawing pane. A menu appears.
- Click Settings. The Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager appears.
- On the Storage tab, ensure Allow <site> to save information on this computer is set to Allow.
C) Flash is crashing in Chrome
Are you working in Chrome? This article might give you some tips on How to stop Flash crashing in Chrome
Still need help?
If you weren't able to resolve the issue, you can