End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes occasional issues users have encountered with Live 3D Floor Plans. This article describes the steps on a PC or Mac when using Web Editor.
If you click the 3D button to launch Live 3D, and it does not start, or you see an error message like the one below (that Adobe Flash Player doesn’t have enough system resources), it could be due to your project being very large or detailed.
- Try to use Live 3D without Flash - using WebGL instead. WebGL is supported on all major desktop browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge). You use WebGl whey you view your Live 3D Floor Plan either
- Try to turn off the ceiling and floor strips in your project. This makes your project size smaller and might solve the problem.
You can do this by clicking Properties and choose the Level tab. Then click Advanced and uncheck the options that say Ceiling Strips and Floor Strips.
Once you have turned off ceiling strips and floor strips, restart Web Editor before you try to load Live 3D again.
- If step 2 did not solve the problem, try to close other programs that are running on your computer or tablet.
As the error message suggests, the problem is that you don’t have enough system resources to view the project. As a result, it could help if you close other programs that are open. When you have closed other programs, try to start RoomSketcher one more time and see if Live 3D is able to start.
- Remove anything unnecessary from your project.
The error usually happens only on very large or detailed projects - thus, it could help if you remove a few elements. Plants and carpets/rugs are the best items to remove as they take more resources to load in Live 3D. For example, if you see this error message on a project where you have placed a lot of plants, try removing some of the plants, and try again.
- Split your projects into several projects
Should your project have more than one level, create a separate project for each level so that each project only consists of one level. This will make each project smaller in size.
You can do this by making a copy of your project, using 'Save as...'. Then delete the second level. Repeat until you only have the first level left. Try to view Live 3D now. If it is a success, go back to your initial project, make another copy with 'Save as...' and delete the other levels. Continue until you have a separate project for each level.
Navigation with arrow keys is not working
When you have opened your Live 3D Floor Plan from Web Editor and are using browser Edge, the navigation with the arrow keys is not working. Our engineers are already working to fix this issue. Meanwhile you can use the following solutions:
- Try a different browser, for example Firefox or Chrome.
- View your Live 3D Floor Plans from the App or
- View your Live 3D Floor Plans from your Web Account.
- If you want to continue with browser Edge, use your mouse for navigation.
Note: When you open your Live 3D Floor Plan from Web Editor, we use Flash to view the Live 3D Floor Plan. But when you open your Live 3D Floor Plan from the App or Web Account, then we use WebGl.
Issues with Internet Explorer
In most of the cases where users have experienced other problems with Live 3D Floor Plans, browser Internet Explorer was used. Our experience shows that in most of the cases the problem was fixed by using a different browser, for example Chrome.