In RoomSketcher Home Designer, you can create projects with sloping (cathedral, or vaulted) ceilings/roofs. This article describes the steps for the web version. To learn how for app, see How to Draw Sloped Ceilings/Roofs (App).
This article contains the following topics:
You can also watch this short video:
About Sloped Ceilings
Sloped Ceilings are created using Ceiling Heights. By setting some ceiling heights higher, and some lower, RoomSketcher will create a sloped ceiling between the two points.
Set Ceiling Heights
- Open a project in RoomSketcher Home Designer.
- Click Walls mode.
- Click to select a wall (or divider), then click Properties. The Properties page appears.
- Click Advanced. Notice the option for Ceiling Height A and Ceiling Height B. When you click on a wall, there is a label A or B at each end. This allows you to set the ceiling height for each end of a wall.
Tip: One key point to remember when setting ceiling heights is that connecting walls will have the same height at the point where they connect.
To the right of the Ceiling Height value, you will see one of three letters:
- F (Fixed) = You have indicated a new ceiling height.
- C (Calculated) = Ceiling height is calculated based on other ceiling heights you have indicated.
- L (Level) = The default value that is set in level properties is used.
View Sloped Ceilings
To see your sloped ceilings, use the camera to take snapshots either inside or outside of a building. VIP and Pro users can view their sloped ceilings in 3D, by clicking the 3D button in the upper-right.
Top Tips - Drawing Sloped Ceilings
- Set ceiling heights on outside walls (after you have drawn your outside walls) before you start drawing your inside walls.
- Make sure to turn off the ceiling of your balcony and other outside areas.
- All your wall corners must join at exactly 90 degrees.
- If you are changing several ceiling heights along an adjoining wall, ignore any error messages until you have changed all the relevant ceiling heights (you may see a temporary error as you are changing the heights)
- Use divider lines to join areas in the floor plan to get the ceiling heights correct - divider lines will not show up on your generated floor plans
- Very complicated sloped ceilings are not possible to create using RoomSketcher Home Designer