End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Draw a Yard, Garden, or Outdoor Area (App).
You can add impressive outdoor areas to your floor plans. Make a lawn, path, driveway or garden bed by drawing zones. This article covers the following topics:
- Draw an Outdoor Zone
- Remove the Floor Material & Ceiling
- Add Additional Zones
- Add Materials
- An Example Garden with Soil and Plants
Draw an Outdoor Zone
- Open a project in Web Editor.
- In the lower left, click Walls mode.
- Click the Divider tool and draw the outline of your outdoor area. Make sure to draw a complete enclosed area (or you will not be able to add grass and other materials in the next steps).
Remove the Floor Material & Ceiling
When your outdoor area is complete, it will appear with a default flooring material. You can remove this to make it easier to see your outdoor zone.
- Still in Walls mode, switch to the Select tool. Click on the outdoor zone to select it and click Properties.
- On the Zone tab, next to Floor Material, click on the red X to remove the floor material.
- Now remove the ceiling: Still on the Zone tab, click Advanced.
- Clear Show Ceiling.
- Close the Properties box.
Add Additional Zones
Use this technique to add paths, patios, garden areas, or even a swimming pool!
- In Walls mode, click the Divider tool.
- Use the Divider line to draw additional zones. Remember to draw complete enclosed shapes.
- When you create additional zones, don’t forget to turn off the ceiling in each new zone.
Add Materials to Zones
- In Web Editor, switch to Materials mode.
- Search for Concrete (or grass, gravel, soil, paving stone, water, etc.).
- Click on the material to select it and drag it into the new zone.
- Find garage doors in Windows, etc mode.
- Add outdoor furniture using Furniture mode (tip: Search for Outdoor). You’ll even find cars (search for auto), a bicycle, scooter and lawn mower.
- To add a pool, create a zone with the Divider tool, and use Materials mode to add water. Select the zone and adjust floor height to change pool/water height.
- To add a fence, you can:
a. In Furniture mode, search for Fence and drag it onto your plan.
b. In Walls mode, click one of the divider lines (that you added above) to select it, click Properties, then click the arrow next to Railing. Click a railing or fence to select it, then click OK. The divider line becomes a fence.
An Example Garden with Soil and Plants
You can add soil to a zone, and then add plants.
To add soil:
- In Materials mode. Search for Soil. Click on the soil to select it and drag it into the garden zone.
To add plants:
- On the left, switch to Furniture mode.
- Search for plant, tree or flower. Click on the item to select it and drag it onto the garden bed.
- To make a plant bigger or smaller - click on the item, click Properties and change the height, width, and depth.