In RoomSketcher Home Designer, you can easily enter the exact length of a wall when you’re drawing your floor plan.
Follow the steps below, or watch this short video:
Enter Exact Wall Lengths
- In RoomSketcher Home Designer, open Walls mode.
- Draw one or more rooms.
- Click the Select tool and hover over any wall to see the wall length.
Note that each side of the wall has a slightly different length. In this example, Side A (5.57 m) is the length of the inside wall, and Side B (5.97 m) is the length of the outside wall.
- To enter an exact wall length, click a wall to select it, and then click Properties in the top toolbar.
- Use the Adjust Length at dropdown to specify which end will adjust (get longer or shorter) as you change the dimensions - the A End or the B end.
- Type an exact length into either:
Length Side A (the A side of the wall - in the above example, it is the inner wall but the A side won't always be the inner wall)
Length Side B (the B side of the wall - in the above example, it is the outer wall but the B side won't always be the outer wall).
- Press Enter on your keyboard or click outside of the Properties box. The wall adjusts to the exact length.
Note: In some cases, when you change the length of one wall, it will affect the length of adjacent walls. Our top tips:
- Think through how changing a wall length will affect other wall lengths.
- Start with the walls in the middle and work outward.