Easily enter the exact length of a wall when you’re drawing your floor plan. This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Enter Exact Wall Lengths (App).
Follow the steps below, or watch this short video:
Enter Exact Wall Lengths
- In Web Editor, open Walls mode.
- Draw one or more rooms.
- Click the Select tool and hover over any wall to see the wall length.
Note that each side of the wall has a slightly different length. In this example, Side A (5.57 m) is the length of the inside wall, and Side B (5.97 m) is the length of the outside wall.
- To enter an exact wall length, click a wall to select it, and then click Properties in the top toolbar.
- Use the Adjust Length at dropdown to specify which end will adjust (get longer or shorter) as you change the dimensions - the A End or the B end.
- Type an exact length into either:
Length Side A (the A side of the wall - in the above example, it is the inner wall but the A side won't always be the inner wall)
Length Side B (the B side of the wall - in the above example, it is the outer wall but the B side won't always be the outer wall).
- Press Enter on your keyboard or click outside of the Properties box. The wall adjusts to the exact length.
Note: In some cases, when you change the length of one wall, it will affect the length of adjacent walls. Our top tips:
- Think through how changing a wall length will affect other wall lengths.
- Start with the walls in the middle and work outward.