End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Work With Doors (App).
It’s easy to visualize and choose the perfect door for your project. This article covers the following topics:
- Find and Add a Door to a Floor Plan
- Customize the Size and Angle
- Customize the Color and Materials
- View a Door in Your Design
- Copy, Move, and Delete a Door
Or, watch this short video…
Find and Add a Door
- Open Web Editor.
- Click on Windows etc. mode
- Type Doors in the Search box. Various categories of doors appear, including bi-fold, exterior, French, glass, interior, pocket, sliding, and even door opening (a walk through space with no door).
- Choose a category. A library containing that type of door appears.
Tip: You can see a door’s default size as you hover over it. For best rendering results, pick a door close in size to your desired door.
- Simply click and drag to place a door into a floor plan.
- Click on the green quarter-circles to adjust the swing or direction of the door.
Customize the Size and Angle of Swing
- Select a door and click Properties. The Properties page appears with the Door tab selected.
- In Width, adjust the width of the door, in Height, adjust the height of the door.
Note: All sizes include trim.
- For Opening Angle, type a number in degrees to adjust the swing angle of the door.
Tip: If you want a closed door, type 0 for the angle.
Customize Color and Materials
If you are a VIP or Pro user, or have Share Live 3D enabled for a project, and you see this symbol on a door, then you can change the color and materials.
- Click a door you placed in your floor plan (to select it), and then click Properties. The Doors tab appears.
- Click the Customize button at the bottom of the tab. The Customize page appears.
- You can change the materials for the handle, door, sill, or trim.
- Note: Some doors (such as Exterior Doors) can have a different color on each side. Side A is the side with hinges.
- To the right of each door component, click the arrow.
- The Select Material or Color page appears. You can use the scroll bar to browse suggested materials, or
- in Find Material, you can type a word, such as “Wood”, “Paint” or “Metal”, to narrow your selection.
- You can also type a hex color code into the Color box at the top, to specify a custom color.
- Click a material to select it, and then click OK to close the Select Material or Color box.
View a Door in Your Project
- To visualize your custom door, click and drag the camera to point it at the door, then double-click to take a snapshot.
Copy, Move, and Delete a Door
- You can right-click on a door to copy it, and then right- click on a wall to paste it into the wall.
- You can also drag a door to move it and click the red X to delete a door.