In RoomSketcher, it’s easy to visualize and choose the perfect door for your project. This article covers the following topics:
- Find and Add a Door to a Floor Plan
- Customize the Size and Angle
- Customize the Color and Materials
- View a Door in Your Design
- Copy, Move, and Delete a Door
Or, watch this short video…
Find and Add a Door
- Open RoomSketcher Home Designer.
- Click on Windows etc. mode
- Type Doors in the Search box. Various categories of doors appear, including bifold, exterior, French, glass, interior, pocket, sliding, and even door opening (a walk through space with no door).
- Choose a category. A library containing that type of door appears.
Tip: You can see a door’s default size as you hover over it. For best rendering results, pick a door close in size to your desired door.
- Simply click and drag to place a door into a floor plan.
- Click on the green quarter-circles to adjust the swing or direction of the door.
Customize the Size and Angle of Swing
- Select a door and click Properties. The Properties page appears with the Door tab selected.
- In Width, adjust the width of the door.
- In Height, adjust the height of the door.
- Note: All sizes include trim.
- For Opening Angle, type a number in degrees to adjust the swing angle of the door.
Tip: If you want a closed door, type 0 for the angle.
Customize Color and Materials
If you are a VIP or Pro user, or have Share Live 3D enabled for a project, and you see this symbol on a door, then you can change the color and materials.
- Click a door you placed in your floor plan (to select it), and then click Properties. The Doors tab appears.
- Click the Customize button at the bottom of the tab. The Customize page appears.
- You can change the materials for the handle, door, sill, or trim.
- Note: Some doors (such as Exterior Doors) can have a different color on each side. Side A is the side with hinges.
- To the right of each door component, click the arrow.
- The Select Material or Color page appears. You can use the scroll bar to browse suggested materials, or
- in Find Material, you can type a word, such as “Wood”, “Paint” or “Metal”, to narrow your selection.
- You can also type a hex color code into the Color box at the top, to specify a custom color.
- Click a material to select it, and then click OK to close the Select Material or Color box.
View a Door in Your Project
- To visualize your custom door, click and drag the camera to point it at the door, then double-click to take a snapshot.
Copy Move, and Delete a Door
- You can right-click on a door to copy it, and then right- click on a wall to paste it into the wall.
- You can also drag a door to move it and click the red X to delete a door.