There are various ways to display the area of each room on floor plans. Note: If you want to calculate the Total Area of your floor plan, check out this Help article: Calculate the Total Area of a Floor Plan
This article covers the following topics:
Display Room Area in Square Meters or Square Feet
RoomSketcher will automatically calculate the room area for you. You can display the room area in some or all rooms, and adjust where the number is displayed within rooms. Watch this video or follow the steps below.
- Open Web Editor.
- Click Walls mode in the lower left.
- Click a room to select it and then click Properties.
- Click Show Zone Size. RoomSketcher will calculate the area of the room and display it using the measurement system you have chosen in the Tools menu (metric or imperial units).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any other rooms.
- When you are done adding room sizes, close the Properties box.
- In Walls mode of Web Editor, you can click and drag each zone size to fine tune the location.
Tip: If you have a floor plan with combined rooms, such as a combined dining room and living room, here's how to show the size of each area: In Walls mode, place a Divider line to create 2 smaller zones and use steps 3-4 above to add room sizes to each zone.
Display Room Area as YY x ZZ
By default, RoomSketcher displays the total area of each room. You may want to display measurements in an YY x ZZ format, using the length of each wall. Or, you may want display both metric and imperial measurements for each room, like this:
You can achieve this by manually typing the measurements into the Zone Name field:
- In Web Editor, click a room/zone and then click Properties.
- In Zone Name, type the name for the room (for example, Dining Room) and then manually type your wall measurements underneath. (To see the length of each wall, hover your cursor over the wall in Web Editor)
- Check Show Zone Name.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for any other rooms.
- When you are done, close the Properties box.