Use a Text Label to insert custom text, notes, symbols or numbers on your designs and floor plans. This article describes the steps on a PC or Mac. Note: To add text directly on an item of furniture (for example, to label a Washer/Dryer), go to Add Labels on Furniture.
Follow the steps below, or watch this short video:
To add a Text Label:
- Open a project in Home Designer.
- Click Windows etc. mode.
- Type Text in the Search box, then press Enter. A text label appears.
- Drag and drop the text label into your floor plan.
- Select the label and click Properties. The Properties page appears with the Label tab selected.
- In the Label field, type your desired text for the label.
Tip: After you type the text, you can click on the floor plan in Home Designer, and the text will display.
- In Font Size, type a size (default size is 24). Note: The new size will appear on generated floor plans, but is not visible in Drawing mode.
- Clear or check Render in 2D (to see the text on 2D Floor Plans) or Render in 3D (to see the text on 3D Floor Plans).
Tip: VIP and Pro users can preview their floor plans, to review the text labels. See the article: Preview a Floor Plan
- Close the Properties box. You can click and drag the label to position it.