End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Add a Text Label (App).
Use a Text Label to insert custom text, notes, symbols or numbers on your designs and floor plans.
Note: To add text directly on an item of furniture (for example, to label a Washer/Dryer), go to Add Labels on Furniture.
Follow the steps below, or watch this short video:
To add a Text Label:
- Open a project in Web Editor.
- Click Windows etc. mode.
- Type Text in the Search box, then press Enter. A text label appears.
- Drag and drop the text label into your floor plan.
- Select the label and click Properties. The Properties page appears with the Label tab selected.
- In the Label field, type your desired text for the label.
Tip: After you type the text, you can click on the floor plan in Web Editor, and the text will display.
- In Font Size, type a size (default size is 24). Note: The new size will appear on generated floor plans, but is not visible in Drawing mode.
- Clear or check Render in 2D (to see the text on 2D Floor Plans) or Render in 3D (to see the text on 3D Floor Plans).
- Close the Properties box. You can click and drag the label to position it.
- VIP and Pro users can preview their floor plans, to review the text labels. See the article: Preview a Floor Plan
- When you are ready, Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans.