RoomSketcher Pro subscribers can use profile settings to speed up work and keep floor plans consistent. Profile Settings are available when you sign in to your RoomSketcher Account on the web. This article covers how to:
Access 3D Floor Plan Profile Settings
- Go to www.roomsketcher.com and Sign In to your RoomSketcher Pro account. Your Web Account opens.
- Click the Account tab and then click Account Settings.
- From the Account Settings page, click Advanced Profile Settings.
- A series of tabs appears. Click the 3D Floor Plan tab.
Review 3D Profile Setting Choices
On the 3D Floor Plan tab, you have the options listed below:
- Tip: Remember to click Apply after you have made a change in the profile settings. If you leave the 3D Floor Plan tab without clicking Apply, any setting you changed will go back to the way they were before you changed them.
Render Furniture – Controls what kind of furniture will be included when you render 3D Floor Plans. You have 3 options:
- All Furniture – All furniture you have added in your RoomSketcher project will be included if you render a 3D Floor Plan.
- Fixed Installations – Only items marked "fixed" will be included when you render 3D Floor Plans. Fixed installations often include kitchen and bathroom furniture, as well as wardrobes and fireplaces. To mark an item as fixed, select it, click Properties, click Advanced, and check Fixed.
- No furniture – No furniture or fixed installations will be included when you render 3D Floor Plans. However, your plan will still include doors, windows and stairs.
Render Zone Names – This option lets you choose whether or not you want zone (or room) names to be included on your 3D Floor Plan. If this option is checked, the zone names you have added (see Add and Move Room Names) will be included when you render 3D Floor Plans
Render Zone Sizes - This option lets you choose whether or not you want zone (room) sizes to be included in your 3D Floor Plan. If this option is checked, the zone sizes you have specified (see Add and Move Room Names) will be included when you render 3D Floor Plans
Always Render Fixed Ceiling Items – When this option is checked, items marked as both Ceiling Item AND Fixed Installation will be included in the 3D Floor Plan, even if it is placed above Wall Cut Height (see explanation of Wall Cut Height below). This option is particularly useful if you have a skylight in your floor plan, and want to include it in 3D. To mark an item as Fixed, select it, click Properties, click Advanced, and check Fixed.
Render Product Labels – This option lets you choose whether or not product labels should be included when rendering 3D Floor Plans. If this option is checked, product labels will be included when you have added them to items in your project. To add a product label to an item, select it, click Properties, and type a Label.
Wall Cut Height – This setting controls the height where the wall is cut on 3D Floor Plans. All items placed above wall cut height are cut away from the drawing.
- You must type in the wall cut height in mm.
- If you want to include the full height of the walls, just leave this field empty.
- On floor plan with sloped ceiling, the wall is not cut unless the wall cut height is below the lowest point of the sloped ceiling.
Wall Cut Height 1300 mm
Wall Cut Height 1900 mm
No Wall Cut Height
Wall Top Color – This option lets you choose the color on top of your walls in 3D Floor Plans. You can add a hex code for any custom color, or choose a predefined color from a drop-down-menu.
Camera Pitch – Determines the pitch of your 3D Floor Plan. You can choose anything between -90 and 0 degree pitch.
Camera Pitch -40 Degrees
Camera Pitch -80 Degrees
Camera Position – Determines the position of the camera when you render the 3D Floor Plan. You can choose camera positions between -179 and 180 degree.
Camera Position -45 Degrees
Camera Position 0 Degrees
Camera Position 45 Degrees
- Preview a Floor Plan
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans
- Add Color to the Top of a Single Wall (PC & Mac)
- 2D Floor Plans - Customize your Floor Plans
- Brand Your Floor Plans
- Replace Materials