End of Life for Web Editor
After December 2020, it will no longer be possible to use Web Editor since Adobe will retire Flash. You can of course still edit and create projects with the RoomSketcher App. The RoomSketcher App gives you access to better usability, new features, and other helpful upgrades. Switch to the app now! Learn how
This article describes the steps using Web Editor. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Display Room Names in Different Locations for 2D and 3D Floor Plans (App).
You may want to display the same room name in a different location on a 3D Floor Plan versus a 2D Floor Plan. In the example below, the room name “Balcony” is in a good location for our 2D Floor Plan, but is too close to the kitchen wall for the 3D Floor Plan.
"Balcony" room name in good location for 2D Floor Plan
"Balcony" room name in poor location for 3D Floor Plan
One option to solve this is to place the room name in a different location for the 3D Floor Plan. This article shows you the steps on a PC or Mac.
Or you can watch this short video.
Before You Start
- You should have already added room names to your design. If you need detailed steps on how to do this, see Add and Move Room Names.
- In the RoomSketcher Drawing Pane, click Tools and make sure Zone Names and Sizes has a checkmark.
Place the Room Name for Your 3D Floor Plan
- Open Walls mode.
- Click and drag the room name to a better location for 3D (typically away from walls that are directly below the room name).
- Click Tools and then Preview 3D Floor Plan to check the location.
Tip: If room names do not appear on the preview ensure that your profile is set to Render Zone Names. Go to: My Account > Account > More> Account Settings >Advanced Profile Settings > 2D Floor Plans tab and 3D Floor Plans tab. If you need more detailed instructions on how to do this, see 2D Floor Plans - Customize Your Floor Plans or 3D Floor Plans - Customize your Floor Plans.
- Close the Preview window.
- If needed, adjust the location of the name, and preview it again.
- When you have found the best location, click to select the zone/room that contains the name, and click Properties.
- Click Advanced and place a check in Lock 3D Name.
- Close the Properties page.
Place the Room Name for Your 2D Floor Plan
- Move the room name to the optimal location for the 2D Floor Plan.
- Click Tools > Preview 2D Floor Plan to check the location.
- Close the Preview.
Now the room name will appear in different locations on your 2D and 3D Floor Plans when you generate them.