Live 3D is great for interior design and fine-tuning 3D Photos. This article explains:
How to Start Live 3D
Live 3D is part of the RoomSketcher App and works on Mac and Windows computers, plus iPad and Android tablets.
- To start Live 3D:
Open a project in the RoomSketcher App and click the 3D button.
- The Live 3D window opens.
Tip: On a Mac or PC, place Live 3D and the RoomSketcher App side-by-side. Make a change in the App, and you can instantly see it in Live 3D (a few changes require you to click a refresh button).
Flyover mode is excellent for seeing an overview of the entire floor plan.
To open Flyover mode:
- Click the yellow menu, and click Flyover mode. On a tablet, click the Plane symbol.
Basic Navigation in Flyover Mode:
- Zoom: Use the buttons on the left or your mouse wheel. On a tablet, pinch in or out.
- Tilt and Rotate: Use the arrow buttons on the right, your keyboard arrow keys, or drag with your mouse. On a tablet, use touch.
- For more navigation tips, see Live 3D - Navigation.
Camera mode takes you right inside the rooms, showing you the view from the RoomSketcher camera.
To open Camera mode:
- Click the yellow menu, and click Camera mode. On a tablet, click the camera symbol.
Basic Navigation in Camera mode
- Zoom: Use the buttons on the left, your mouse wheel, or on a tablet, pinch in or out.
- Navigate: Move forward, backward, and turn. Use the buttons on the lower right, your keyboard arrow keys, or on a tablet, use touch.
- Fine-tune Camera: Use the buttons on the top right. You can move the camera position up or down, and left or right.
- For more detailed navigation tips, see Live 3D - Navigation.
Use Live 3D with the RoomSketcher Camera
Live 3D’s Camera mode shows you the view from the camera in the RoomSketcher App - it’s sort of like looking through the viewfinder on the camera. Plus, Live 3D, and the RoomSketcher camera stay in sync - as you navigate in Live 3D, the RoomSketcher camera follows along, and vice versa.
As you look around a room in Live 3D and think, “this is a perfect photo,” the RoomSketcher camera is ready - its field of view, pitch, elevation, and rotation match what you are seeing. Over in the RoomSketcher App, just double-click to take the snapshot.
To see the actual size of a snapshot
Since you can adjust the size of the Live 3D window, you may have made it a different size than a typical snapshot.
- In Live 3D, click the yellow menu, then click Snapshot Size (4:3). This changes the size of the Live 3D window to the size of the snapshot, so you can see the actual image before taking the shot.
Note: This feature is not available on tablets.