In RoomSketcher, you can easily enter the exact length for a wall. This article describes the steps when using the RoomSketcher App on a computer or tablet.
To enter exact wall lengths
- In the RoomSketcher App, open Walls mode and draw one or more walls.
- Click the Select tool.
- Hover over any wall to see the wall length.
Note: Each side of a wall has a slightly different length. In this example, Side A (5.57 m) is the length of the inside wall, and Side B (5.97 m) is the length of the outside wall.
- To enter an exact wall length, click or tap a wall end, so that arrows appear. You can type exact lengths in the boxes to the right. Note: The length will increase or decrease on the side with the arrows.
- Press Enter on your keyboard or click/tap outside of the Length box. The wall adjusts to the exact length.
Note: In some cases, when you change the length of one wall, it will affect the length of adjacent walls. Our top tips:
- Think through how changing a wall length will affect other wall lengths.
- Start with the walls in the middle and work outward.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.