In the RoomSketcher App you can add numerous help elements to your floor plan, such as an entrance arrow, text, lines or a compass.
Here are some of your options (all of them were used in the example above):
- Text Labels to add custom text
- Tape Measures and arrows to indicate distances
- Compasses to indicate North, South, East, and West
- Lines to show ceiling detail
- Entrance Arrows to highlight a building entrance
To add helper symbols to a floor plan
- Once you have drawn your project, switch to Windows etc. mode.
- Open the Symbols, Text & Lines category, or click Search and type Helpers.
- Click or tap a helper to select it, and click to place it on the drawing pane.
- With the helper selected, its Properties appear on the right. Make any desired customization.
- Under Properties, you also decide if the helper symbol should be displayed on your 2D Floor Plan or 3D Floor Plan or both.
Tip: RoomSketcher Pro Subscribers have additional customization options in Profile Settings, please see below.
- Save your project.
- To see a preview, click Menu and then Preview your 2D or 3D Floor Plan.
- When you are ready, generate your floor plans. If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, see Generate 2D and 3D Floor Plans.
Advanced Settings for Pro and Team
With a Pro or Team subscription, you can change the color of your text, lines, the arrows and more.
- Go to www.RoomSketcher.com and Sign In. Your Web Account opens.
- Open the Account tab and click Account Settings.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings.
- On the 2D Floor Plan or 3D Floor Plan tab, use the pencil to change Text Color, Block Arrow Fill Color, Arrow and Line Color.
- Click Apply. The changes will appear when you preview or generate a floor plan.
Read more about color options here: