This article describes the steps when using the RoomSketcher App on a computer or tablet.
Here are some of your options (all of them were used in the example above):
- Text Labels to add custom text
- Tape Measures and arrows to indicate distances
- Compasses to indicate North, South, East, and West
- Lines to show ceiling detail
- Entrance Arrows to highlight a building entrance
To add helper symbols to a floor plan
- Once you have drawn your project, switch to Windows etc. mode.
- Open the Symbols, Text & Lines category, or click Search and type Helpers.
- Click or tap a helper to select it, and click to place it on the drawing pane.
- With the helper selected, its Properties appear on the right. Make any desired customization.
- Under Properties, you also decide if the helper symbol should be displayed on your 2D Floor Plan or 3D Floor Plan or both.
Tip: RoomSketcher Pro Subscribers have additional customization options in Profile Settings, please see below.
- Save your project.
- To see a preview, click Menu and then Preview 2D Floor Plan or Preview 3D Floor Plan.
- When you are ready, generate your floor plans. If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, see Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans.
RoomSketcher Pro Subscriptions - Change Text Label Font/Color, Arrow Color, and More
To access Profile Settings, sign in to your RoomSketcher Account on the web.
- Go to www.RoomSketcher.com and sign in to your account.
- Click More > Account Settings on the right.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings.
- On the Render tab, use the pencil to change Text Color, Block Arrow Color, Ink Color etc. and then click OK.
Tip: Ink Color is the setting that changes the color of measure lines and helper lines.
- Click Apply. The changes will appear when you preview or generate a floor plan.
- Preview a Floor Plan
- Overview of Measurements on Floor Plans
- Display Outside Wall Measurements on 2D Floor Plans
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.