This article describes the steps when using the RoomSketcher App on a computer or tablet.
If you are starting a project that is similar to an existing one, you can copy the existing project and then start working on the copy as a new project:
Top Tips about Copying Projects
- If you have ordered a floor plan from RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services, note that the original project has a feature that allows you to generate 2D and 3D Floor plans as many times as you like up to 30 days after you placed your order. This feature is not copied over to any new project.
- If you want to create several different design options of the same project (for example, to show the same floor plan with different flooring), you can simply create a copy of a level within the project – that way, you have one project with several levels and it is quick and easy to navigate between levels. For detailed instructions, see Work With Floors and Levels.
- If you want to copy all levels of a project, then you can copy the entire project as explained below.
How to Copy a Project
- Open the project you want to copy.
- Click the yellow Menu button and then click Make a Copy. This will create a copy of the project you are currently working on.
- The Save Project As page appears. Give the copy a name and click Save.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.