If you are starting a project that is similar to an existing one, you can copy the existing project and then start working on the copy as a new project. This article describes the steps for the app. To learn how for the web version, see Copy a RoomSketcher Project (Web).
This article contains the following topics:
- Top Tips About Copying Projects
- How to Copy a Project
- What to Do With an Accidentally Copied Project
Top Tips About Copying Projects
These are top tips that are useful to read prior to copying a project.
- If you have ordered a Floor Plan from RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services, note that the original project has a feature that allows you to create as many new 2D and 3D Floor plans as you like for the first 30 days. This feature is not copied over to any new project.
- If you want to create several different design options of the same project (for example, to show the same floor plan with different flooring), you can simply create a copy of a level within the project – that way, you have one project with several levels and it is quick and easy to navigate between levels. For detailed instructions, see Work With Floors and Levels (App).
How to Copy a Project
- Open the project you want to copy in the RoomSketcher Home Designer app.
- Click the yellow Menu button and then click Save As. This will create a copy of the project you are currently working on.
- The Save Project As page appears. Give the copy an illustrative name and click Save.
What do Do With an Accidentally Copied Project
If you have made a copy of the project by accident, while you can’t undo a copied project, you can change its name, clear the workspace, and create a new design.
To change a project name
- Click or tap the yellow Menu button and then click Properties.
- Click the Properties button on the right. The Edit Project Properties page appears.
- Type a new Project Name and click OK.
- Use the X to in the top left to close the Properties.
- Click Save in the top toolbar to save the project name (do not click Save As).
To clear the workspace for a new project
- One way to clear the workspace is to create a new blank level, and then delete the level that had the copied project.
- Click Level in the top toolbar and then click New Level.
- The New Level page appears. Click Start from Scratch.
- A new blank level appears in the Home Designer workspace.
- To delete the level containing the copied project, click the yellow Menu button and then under Project, click Properties.
- Click Levels.
- Click Delete to the right of the level with the floor plan drawn in it.
- To learn how to rename a level, see Work With Floors and Levels (App).