This article describes the steps for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet). If you are using the web version, see Create a Half-Height Wall (Web).
You can create half walls in RoomSketcher using either:
- Building Blocks, which are quick and easy to add. Anyone can use the default material on the building blocks, and VIP and Pro subscribers can customize materials using Replace Materials.
- The Divider Tool, which requires a few more steps, and allows anyone to customize the materials on the wall.
This article covers the following topics:
Create a Half Wall Using a Building Block
You can easily create a simple half wall in RoomSketcher using building blocks.
- Open a project in the RoomSketcher Home Designer app.
- Click or tap the red Mode button and then click Furniture mode.
- Click Search and type Building Block. The building block selection appears.
Tip: Hover over a building block to see its type. For example, there is one with tiles, wood, glass, paint, and more. If you are a VIP or Pro subscriber, you can change the materials on the building block.
- Click a building block to select it and click to place it onto your floor plan (you can place it anywhere for now – you’ll move it into place later).
- With the building block selected, its Properties appear on the right.
- Change the dimensions of the building block to suit the size you want your half wall to be.
Hint: The Width setting controls the thickness of the wall.
- Optional: VIP and Pro subscribers can use Replace Materials on the right to change the materials on the building block.
- Press and drag the building block to the location of your half wall.
Tip: Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new half-wall.
Create a Half Wall Using the Draw Divider Lines Tool
Follow the steps below to use the Divider drawing tool to create a half wall.
- Open Walls mode and click or tap Draw Divider Lines.
- Draw the outline of your half wall.
- Zoom in so that the zone inside the half-wall is easier to select, then click the Select tool and click inside the zone you just created.
- Its Properties appear on the right. Click Advanced Properties, and in Floor Height, type the height you want your half wall to have.
- Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new customizable half-wall.
Customize Material on Your Half Wall
If you want to place custom material on this wall, follow these steps:
- In Walls mode, click inside the half wall to open its Properties, and click Floor Material (which in this case is actually the top of the half wall) to change the material on the top of the wall.
- Now click inside the room which contains the half wall. Its Properties appear on the right.
- Click Wall Material, choose the material you want on the walls of your half wall (this step will also place this material across all the full height walls in the room) and click Apply.
Tip: If you want the full height room walls to have a different color or material, click on a room wall to select it, and click Material Side A or Material Side B to choose the wall material you want the full height wall to have. Repeat this on all of the full height walls.
- Use the Camera to take a snapshot of your new custom half-wall.