In the RoomSketcher App, you can easily create thicker and thinner walls. You can even turn a whole zone or room into a wall! This article describes several methods.
Method 1 – Adjust Wall Thickness Before Drawing Walls
If you haven't drawn walls yet, you can set their thickness first.
- In the RoomSketcher App, click the red Mode button and open Walls mode.
- Click either the Draw Exterior Walls tool or Draw Interior Walls tool and change the Thickness.
- Now draw your walls and they will be of the specified thickness.
Method 2 – Adjust the Thickness of any Single Wall
If you have already drawn walls, you can change their thickness.
- Open Walls mode (Click the red Mode button and click Walls mode).
- Click the Select tool
- Click a wall to select it. Its Properties appear on the right.
- In Thickness, type the new thickness and press Enter on your keyboard (or click/tap somewhere else in the Properties area). The wall thickness changes.
- Click any other wall to select it and change its thickness.
Method 3 – Create More Complex Thick Walls
Any zone or area can be turned into a wall. First, draw thinner walls to create an enclosed area, and then convert the area into a wall. Here’s how:
- In Walls mode, click the Draw Interior Walls tool.
- Draw an enclosed area that will be turned into a wall.
- Click the Select tool and then click inside of the enclosed area to select it.
Tip: It may be helpful to zoom in. Use your mouse scroll wheel or click Menu > Zoom Controller.
- In Properties on the right, click Room Type, scroll, and to click the Wall option.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.