RoomSketcher includes a selection of beautiful garden gates that you can add to a fence in your garden or Site Plan. This article describes the steps when using the RoomSketcher App on a computer or tablet.
To add a garden gate, first, draw the perimeter area for the railing/fence, leaving a space for the gate. Next, add the railing/fence, and finally, add the gate. Here are the detailed steps.
Steps to add a Perimeter Gate
- In the RoomSketcher App, open Walls mode (click the red Mode button and click Walls).
- Use Draw Divider Line to draw the location for the garden fence. If you need more detailed instructions, see Draw the Perimeter in Create a 3D Site Plan.
- Either draw 2 divider lines to mark a path, and to mark the place with the gate will be located:
Draw two short divider lines to mark either end of where the gate will be located.
Note: Most of the gates have a default width of about 85 cm (33 in), so place your divider lines at least that far apart. Or, if you plan to change the gate width to a custom size, place the marks that distance apart. Remember, divider lines are invisible, so they will not be seen in images or Floor Plans.
- Add a railing on all the divider lines except where your gate will be. To do this, click Select, click on a divider line to select it, and then click Railing on the right. If you need more detailed steps on how to add a railing, see Add Fences and Railings in Create a 3D Site Plan.
- Now add the gate. Open Furniture mode and search for Garden Gate.
- Click or tap to select a gate, and click to place the gate onto the plan.
- Drag and drop it into place, and use the straight arrows or the Properties pane to adjust the size.
Tip: Remember, as a Pro Subscriber, you can Replace Materials on the gates for a more custom look.
- Take a snapshot to see your new gate.
- Draw a Yard, Garden, or Outdoor Area
- Draw a Balcony or Deck with Optional Railing
- Create a 2D Site Plan
- Create a 3D Site Plan
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.