Live 3D is great for interior design and fine-tuning 3D Photos. It's an interactive way to view your project, either from above or right inside.
Live 3D comes with RoomSketcher and is included with a VIP or Pro subscription. Free subscribers can upgrade their subscription to VIP or Pro, or upgrade an individual project to a Premium Project to get Live 3D.
This article explains:
How to Start Live 3D
Live 3D is part of the RoomSketcher App and works on Mac and Windows computers, plus iPad and Android tablets.
- To start Live 3D:
Open a project in the RoomSketcher App and click the 3D button.
- The Live 3D window opens.
Tip: On a Mac or PC, place Live 3D and the RoomSketcher App side-by-side. Make a change in the App, and you can instantly see it in Live 3D (a few changes require you to click a refresh button).
Flyover mode is excellent for seeing an overview of the entire floor plan.
To open Flyover mode:
- Click the yellow menu, and click Flyover mode. On a tablet, click the Plane symbol.
Basic Navigation in Flyover Mode:
- Zoom: Use the buttons on the left or your mouse wheel. On a tablet, pinch in or out.
- Tilt and Rotate: Use the arrow buttons on the right, your keyboard arrow keys, or drag with your mouse. On a tablet, use touch.
- For more navigation tips, see Live 3D – Navigation.
Camera mode takes you right inside the rooms, showing you the view from the RoomSketcher camera.
To open Camera mode:
- Click the yellow menu, and click Camera mode. On a tablet, click the camera symbol.
Basic Navigation in Camera mode
- Zoom: Use the buttons on the left, your mouse wheel, or on a tablet, pinch in or out.
- Navigate: Move forward, backward, and turn. Use the buttons on the lower right, your keyboard arrow keys, or on a tablet, use touch.
- Fine-tune Camera: Use the buttons on the top right. You can move the camera position up or down, and left or right.
- For more detailed navigation tips, see Live 3D – Navigation.
Use Live 3D with the RoomSketcher Camera
Live 3D’s Camera mode shows you the view from the camera in the RoomSketcher App – it’s sort of like looking through the viewfinder on the camera. Plus, Live 3D, and the RoomSketcher camera stay in sync – as you navigate in Live 3D, the RoomSketcher camera follows along, and vice versa.
As you look around a room in Live 3D and think, “this is a perfect photo,” the RoomSketcher camera is ready – its field of view, pitch, elevation, and rotation match what you are seeing. Over in the RoomSketcher App, just double-click to take the snapshot.
To see the actual size of a snapshot
Since you can adjust the size of the Live 3D window, you may have made it a different size than a typical snapshot.
- In Live 3D, click the yellow menu, then click Snapshot Size (4:3). This changes the size of the Live 3D window to the size of the snapshot, so you can see the actual image before taking the shot.
This feature is not available on tablets.