In the RoomSketcher App, it’s easy to visualize and choose the perfect door for your project. This article covers the following topics:
- Find and Add a Door
- Change the Size, Opening Angle, and Swing
- Customize Color and Materials
- View a Door in your Project
- Copy, Move, and Delete a Door
Find and Add a Door
- Open the RoomSketcher App.
- Click or tap the red Mode button and open Windows etc. mode.
- Open the Doors category.
- Various types of doors appear, listed alphabetically, including bi-fold, exterior, French, glass, interior, pocket, sliding, and even door opening (a walk through space with no door).
Tip: You can see a door’s default size as you hover over it. For best rendering results, pick a door close in size to your desired door.
- Simply click to select a door and click on a wall to place the door.
Change the Size, Opening Angle, and Swing
- With a door selected, its Properties appear on the right.
- To change the direction of the swing, click Flip Door or use hotkey Q.
- To change the size, drag the blue arrows, or in field Width, enter the correct width of the door. In Height, adjust the height of the door.
Note: All sizes include trim.
- For Opening Angle, type a number in degrees to adjust the swing angle of the door.
Tip: If you want a closed door, type 0 for the angle.
Customize Color and Materials
If you are a VIP or Pro user, and you see this symbol on a door, then you can change the color and materials.
- Click a door you placed in your project so that its Properties appear on the right.
- Under Replace Materials, you’ll see the parts of the door listed. You can typically change the materials for the handle, door, sill, or trim.
Note: Some doors (such as exterior doors) can have a different color on each side. Side A is the side with hinges.
- Click the name of a door part.
- The Select Material page appears. You can:
- Use the scroll bar to browse suggested materials, or
- In Search, type a word, such as “Wood”, “Paint” or “Metal”, to narrow your selection.
- To use a custom color, click the Paint Palette.
- Type a hex or RGB color code, or click the color wheel to select a color.
- Once you have chosen a material, click Apply to close the Select Material page.
View a Door in Your Project
To visualize your custom door, click and drag the camera to point it at the door, then double-click to take a snapshot.
Copy, Move and Delete a Door
- Copy: Click a door to select it, and click the Copy button in the top toolbar. Then click a Wall and click the Paste button.
- Move: You can drag a door to move it.
- Delete: Click the Trash Bin to delete it.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.