This article describes how to save and print directly from the RoomSketcher App. To print from RoomSketcher Web Account, see this article: Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans (Web).
Save and Print Your Floor Plans
Once you have drawn your project and generated a 2D and/or 3D Floor Plan, you can save your floor plans to disk as well as print them.
- Click Menu (yellow button at the top left) and under Project, click 2D Floor Plans or 3D Floor Plans.
- The 2D or 3D Floor Plan page appears.
Note: If you haven't generated your floor plan yet, please follow the steps in this article first.
- Click either Save to Disk or Print.
Save to Disk
- Click Save to Disk to download your floor plan. A window with further options opens.
- Choose the appropriate format option and paper size (please see below for more information) as well as Portrait or Landscape mode. Then click Save to Disk.
- Select the desired folder in which to save the file.
- Click Save.
- If you want to print your floor plan, click on Print. A window with further options opens.
- Choose the appropriate format option and paper size (please see below for more information) as well as Portrait or Landscape mode. Then click Print.
- Your printer dialogue opens. Choose your printer (if you have more than one) or option Print to PDF (if desired and available for your printer).
- Click OK to start printing.
Formats to Save and Print
You can choose between the following formats:
- Letterhead: Standard
- Letterhead: Keep Relative Size - available for multi-level projects; the relative size between the floor plans for each level is maintained, i.e. the level with the smallest footprint in the project will also have the smallest footprint when saved/printed.
- Letterhead: Combined - available for multi-level projects; all levels are saved/printed in one file.
- Letterhead: Scale (1:50)*
- Letterhead: Scale (1:100)*
- Letterhead: Scale (1:200)*
- Letterhead: ½” = 1´-0” (1:24)*
- Letterhead: ¼” = 1´-0” (1:48)*
- Letterhead: ⅛” = 1´-0” (1:96)*
- Web Image Full Size
- Web Image 800x600
- Web Image 600x450
- Web Image 400x300
*The scale options are only available for Save to Disk.
Choose a Letterhead format if you want to export a printable floor plan with optional logo, disclaimer text etc. The file format for the letterhead is PDF. When you are working on a tablet, the file format for the letterhead is image.
Read more about Letterhead options and how to set it up here.
If you want to save your floor plans to a certain scale, use one of the Scale options. For example, choose Scale (1:100) if you want each meter in the project to be represented as a centimeter on the page.
Once you have saved your scaled floor plan to your computer or Mac, you can print the PDF. Please note that you need to choose Actual size in your printer options to get the correct scaling. If you do not choose this option, your printer will calculate the scaling size wrong because of the predefined page margins.
Choose a Web Image format if you want to export just the Floor Plan image, with no logo or surrounding text. The file format for the web image is JPG.
The following options for paper size are available:
- Tabloid (Ledger)*
*These options are only available for Save to Disk.
Additionally, you can also choose your preferred paper orientation, Portrait or Landscape.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.