You can place two or more room names in a single room - for example, for a connected dining and living room. There are two ways to do this:
- Use the Divider tool (preferred method)
- Use a Text label
This article describes the step for the RoomSketcher Home Designer app. To learn the steps for the web version, see Display Two or More Room Names in One Room (Web).
Use the Divider Tool
You can use the Divider tool to create a dividing line across a room. The dividing line will not display in 2D and 3D Floor Plans but will allow you to create two virtual rooms in which to add room names.
- Open Walls mode. (Click or tap the red mode button and then click Walls).
- Click the Divider tool.
- Draw a line across the room, to divide it into two virtual rooms.
- Click the Select tool, click inside one of the virtual rooms, and on the right, in Zone Name, type the name of the room.
- Click on the other virtual room and type its name.
- If desired, press & drag the room names to move them.
Use a Text Label
You can also use a Text Label to add room names to connected rooms.
- Open Windows etc mode. (Click the red mode button and then click Windows etc.)
- Open the Symbols, Text & Lines category.
- Click to select the Text Label button.
- Click to place the text label on your design. You can press and drag to move the text label.
- With the text label selected, type a room name in the Label field.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 for any other room names.