This article covers the basics about using floor materials in the RoomSketcher App. Watch the video or follow the steps to learn how to:
Choose a Floor Material
You can add hardwood, tile, concrete, paint, paving stone, and more to your floor plans.
- Open the RoomSketcher App.
Tip: Before you add a floor material, you must first open Walls mode and draw at least one complete enclosed room (or an enclosed outside area drawn using divider lines).
- Open Materials mode (click the red Mode button and click Materials). The Materials categories appear.
- You can open and browse a category, or use the Search magnifying glass directly above the categories. For example, you can search for "Carpet" or “Red Tile”.
After a search, close X the Search box to see the library.
- Click or tap to select a floor material from the library, and click a room or zone to place it.
- Depending on the material, you may be asked if you want to place it on the Walls, Floor, or Both.
- Click one of the options. Your selection appears on the floor plan.
Tip: You can also rotate your material, read more here.
Copy and Paste a Floor Material
You can copy a floor material and paste it into another room.
- In Materials mode, click the room that contains the flooring you like, to select it.
- In the top toolbar, click Copy .
- Click a different room to select it.
- Click Paste .
Change or Remove Floor Material
- In Materials mode, click the room that contains the flooring you like, to select it. Its Properties appear on the right.
- Click Floor Material. The Select Material page appears.
- Choose a different material, or click the Clear button to remove the flooring from the room.