This article describes the steps for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet). To learn how for the web version, see Overview of Measurements on Floor Plans (Web).
With a RoomSketcher Pro subscription, you can use RoomSketcher’s Measurement Wizards, which make it fast and easy to add measurements to floor plans. This article describes how to:
- Access the Measurement Wizards
- Add Inside Wall Measurements to a Room
- Add Inside or Outside Wall Measurements to a Wall
- Add Room Dimensions
- Edit individual Measurements
Or, watch this short video:
Access the Measurement Wizards
Follow these steps to access the Measurement Wizards.
- After you have drawn your floor plan, click Windows etc. mode.
- Click or tap Measurement Wizards. Three wizards appear:
- Room Measurements - adds inside wall measurements to all the walls in a room.
- Wall Measurements - adds inside or outside measurements to a single wall.
- Room Dimensions - adds length and width room dimensions to the center of a room.
Add Inside Wall Measurements to a Room
- Click Room Measurements and then click on a room.
- Arrow lines and wall length text labels appear.
- The above example shows the default settings for Inside Room Measurements (arrow point slightly away from the wall, etc). You can easily edit individual arrows and text once you have placed them - see Edit Individual Measurements below.
- You can also adjust the default Measurement Wizard Settings. For example, if you always want each arrow point to be placed so that it touches the wall, or if you want to set a different standard distance between each line and its parallel wall.
Add Inside or Outside Measurements to a Wall
- Click Wall Measurements and then click next to either side of a wall.
- Arrow lines and wall length text labels appear next to the wall.
- You can easily edit individual arrows and text once you have placed them - see Edit Individual Measurements below.
- You can also adjust the default Measurement Wizard Settings. For example, if you want to set a different standard distance between the arrow line and its parallel wall.
Add Room Dimensions
- Click Room Dimensions.
- Hover over a room to display a gray box that shows the area that will be used to determine the length and width.
- Click on a room to display the dimensions.
Edit Individual Measurements
Once you have places arrow lines and text, you can modify them individually. You can move them, delete them, and change properties such as text size, line length, and whether they should appear on 2D or 3D floor plans.
To move or delete individual elements
- Simply click and drag an element to move it, use the straight arrows to size it, use the curved arrow to rotate it, or press the x to delete it.
To change Properties
- Click a text label or arrow to select it, and its Properties appear in the right pane. You can change the text font size or label, the arrow line length, which type of floor plans the element should appear on, and more.