This article describes the steps for the app. To learn the steps for the web version, see Add Helper Symbols to 2D Floor Plans (Web).
Here are some of your options (all of them were used in the example above):
- Text Labels to add custom text
- Tape Measures and arrows to indicate distances
- Compasses to indicate North, South, East, and West
- Lines to show ceiling detail
- Entrance Arrows to highlight a building entrance
To add helper symbols to a floor plan
- Once you have drawn your project, switch to Windows etc. mode.
- Open the Symbols, Text & Lines category, or click Search and type Helpers.
- Click or tap a helper to select it, and click to place it on the drawing pane.
- With the helper selected, its Properties appear on the right. Make any desired customization.
- Under Properties, you also decide if the helper symbol should be displayed on your 2D Floor Plan or 3D Floor Plan or both.
Tip: RoomSketcher Pro Subscribers have additional customization options in Profile Settings, please see below.
- Save your project.
- To see a preview, click Menu and then Preview 2D Floor Plan or Preview 3D Floor Plan.
- When you are ready, generate your floor plans. If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, see Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans (App).
RoomSketcher Pro Subscriptions - Change Text Label Font/Color, Arrow Color, and More
To access Profile Settings, sign in to your RoomSketcher Account on the web.
- Go to www.RoomSketcher.com and sign in to your account.
- Click More > Account Settings on the right.
- Click Advanced Profile Settings.
- On the Render tab, use the pencil to change Text Color, Block Arrow Color, Ink Color etc. and then click OK.
Tip: Ink Color is the setting that changes the color of measure lines and helper lines.
- Click Apply. The changes will appear when you preview or generate a floor plan.
- Preview a Floor Plan (App)
- Overview of Measurements on Floor Plans (App)
- Display Outside Wall Measurements on 2D Floor Plans (App)
- Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans (App)