This article describes the steps for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet). To learn how for the web version, see Add and Move Room Names (Web).
You can add names to rooms/zones, and adjust the location of the room names.
Add Room/Zone Names
The steps below describe how to place one room name in each room. If you want to place multiple room names in one room, see Display Two or More Room Names in One Room (App).
- Open the RoomSketcher Home Designer app.
- Click the red Mode button and open Walls mode.
- Click a room to select it so that its Properties appear on the right. In Zone Name, type the name of the room.
Note: If you want to also show the size of the room, in Properties on the right, check Show Zone Size.
- Click outside the Properties area and the room name will display on your floor plan.
- Click another room, and repeat step 4.
- When you are done adding room names, close the Properties box.
Move Room Names
- To move a room name to a different location in the room, simply click and drag it on the floor plan.
Tip: If you cannot move the room name, make sure you are in Walls mode.